Wendy Robin Weir, M.A., Lic. Ac.
Doctor of Oriental Medicine specializing in Acupuncture, Homeopathy, Traditional Chinese Medicines, NCCAOM Diplomat of Oriental Medicine
Texas License Number: AC 01363
California License Number: AC 3745
- November 2016 - Present: Wendy Weir Services, El Paso, Texas - Owner. Acupuncture and Naturopath Medicine provider specializing in treating pain, neuralgia, post-traumatic stress disorder. Certified VA TriWest acupuncture provider and accepts most insurance programs
- November 2012 - November 2016 : General acupuncture practice in El Paso
- January 1989 - December 2008: Natural Healing Consultants, San Luis Obispo, CA - Owner. Private business providing acupuncture, homeopathy, traditional Chinese herbal medicine until relocating to the southwest.
- October 1972 - November 1995: Weirlabs Self Differentation Consulting - AssociateTaught sections on nutrition, massage, yoga, clinical ecology principles and theories of Traditional Chinese Medicine as part of the Weirlabs, a Fortune 500 consulting company focused on self-development and interpersonal relationships.
- 1985-1988 Santa Barbara College of Oriental Medicine. Studied acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine. Licensed to practice acupuncture and Oriental medicine in California, 1989.
- 1980 American International Hospital - Clinical Ecology. Conducted research into diseases induced by hypersensitivities to processed foods, household chemicals, and related stressors.
- The University of San Francisco, Masters of Arts, Psychology, 1972. Emphasis on holistic health integrating physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects with a specialty in body-focused therapies.
CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES
June 2017. Neuro Acupuncture - Phase 1. Neuro Acupuncture is an innovative technique for treating post-traumatic stress disorder, stroke, traumatic brain injuries and other Central Nervous System disorders. 5 day course. 35 CE units
May 2017. Using Essential Oils and Aroma Therapy according to TCM
August 2016. On-line course 11 CE units Health Care Medicine Institute
June 2016. Herbal medicine for respiratory conditions. On-line course. 8 CE units
April 2016 Texas Health and Science University Continuing Acupuncture Education
January 2016.Traditional Chinese Medicine approaches to Parkinson's disease, digestive disorders, pain management strategies, anemia and post traumatic stress disorder. 2 day course. 17 CE units
All continuing education requirements met since 1989 and available upon request.